Sunday, August 30, 2009

Month 6 & Growing...

The weeks are flying by so quickly!

All is going well with Baby Girl. She is starting to get more consistently active and is most active in the evenings and early mornings. The books say that she is now about the length of an ear of corn and a little over a pound. This month she will start to develop fat and fill out, her skin will become less translucent and if she is going to have hair when she is born it should be growing now. We are very grateful that she is developing on schedule.

Tasks.. Tasks.. Tasks.. Every weekend seems to be filled with a list. The baby's room has been cleaned out (pretty much) and carpets are cleaned. I am excited to start putting it together. Jeremy and I went to Baby's R' Us to register, which was a much more complicated experience than I anticipated that it would be. Jeremy and I shop much differently. Jeremy first checks out functionality and safety and then evaluates what it looks like. I am more inclined to first evaluate whether or not I like it aesthetically and then determine if it is functional. In the end we both want the same things... the process of making the decision is just a lot different. Also... Jeremy really likes the scanner thing and tends to make quick decisions with it. Thankfully... all major choices have been made and we are excited to start putting it all together!

We have not made much progress with the name choice. We were really focused on it for awhile but have taken a break the past couple of weeks. So far we have one name that we agree on and I am convinced that the name will just be presented in front of us one day and we will both love it.

How is Mom Doing?
It seems like just yesterday that I was concerned with my weight gain and the growth of baby... that has proven to be a silly concern. I prayed that all was well and she would continue to grow and God blessed me with 11 lbs this month! The books all recommend that you gain your weight steadily, ideally 1-2 pounds per month. That does not seem to be the case for me. Months 1-2 = 0 lbs, Month 3 = 8lbs, Month 4 = 0 lbs and Month 5 = 11lbs. Grand Total = 19 lbs! Hopefully the 11 lb/month trend does not continue, but if it does... oh well. I have an elliptical machine for a reason.

Baby and I took a trip to OB Triage a few weeks ago. I had been feeling lightheaded/dizzy at work all day and waited until almost 4pm to call the doctor. The nurse suggested I go in to get checked. It was a chaotic and overwhelming experience, but the end result was good news. Just a little anemic and baby is sitting the vein on my right side restricting blood flow when I am in the sitting position. An iron supplement and more walking around at work has really helped.

All in All - I feel pretty good right now. I heard that some were requesting I post a picture of myself. I am not really a picture person, but I agreed to do it as long as Jeremy is in it too. He will be in Chicago the next two weeks. We will post one when he gets back.

Love and prayers to all our family and friends. I am so grateful for everyone's support!

1 Comments:

At August 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good and the baby is doing good. I cannot wait to see you and see a little baby bump! We'll keep you in our prayers as Jeremy is out of town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home