Thursday, November 26, 2009

Anticipation.... 37 Weeks

Well... there really is not much left to do but wait. I have been proclaiming all week that I am ready whenever she is. Jeremy says I need to be patient and let her come when she is ready. Last night I had some painful Braxton-Hicks contractions, which freaked me out and I realized maybe I am not as ready as I thought. So I think I will try to be patient.

I am feeling pretty good. Physically I am much more comfortable because she has finally moved down a little bit. I can breathe again and the pain in my ribs is gone. Aside from an ugly swollen foot I am in pretty good shape. Emotionally I am either over the top happy or dramatically devastated. We are enjoying the happy times and I think Jeremy is practicing our breathing techniques to get through the devastation.

Last week we took a 7 hour long birthing class. It was informative and over-whelming. I am glad that we took it because it helped me finalize some decisions I needed to make for our birthing plan. (Yes... I know it is just a plan and will likely change, but I wanted one anyways.)

We have purchased all baby items left to get. Jeremy has already decided that a down side to being a dad is that the duty of assembling items falls to him. Gracco has great products, but they are a huge pain to assemble. We also broke down and bought a camera. I have been trying to use my sad broken camera for too many years. The new camera is really nice and will hopefully last much longer.


Jeremy is fascinated with the baby bump, which is really not so much of a bump anymore. More like beach ball. I am really looking forward to starting a work out routine to shed some of the baby weight. Last time we checked I had gained 44 pounds. (So much for the recommended 25-35 pounds)


I could not resist this picture. We can't wait to introduce them to the new baby. I think Baxie (the beagle) is going to want to be very involved and will probably not leave my side. Murphy (the puggle), on the other hand, I expect to be overwhelmed with the emotions of it all and will probably retreat for a little while.

Today is Thanksgiving and I am so grateful to our family and friends. I have endless gratitude to my husband who has stepped up to the plate more than I ever expected. And I am grateful to be healthy and waiting....

Hopefully our next post will have pictures of our new arrival. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2009 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Katy said...

You look fantastic! I don't know if you're planning on breastfeeding, but it helps with the weight...without trying much at all I weigh less now than when I got pregnant. Be patient as things start to put themselves back together. It takes time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home