Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3 Months (Almost!)

On March 2nd Sophia will be 3 months old! Where has the time gone? It amazes me at how quickly life is marching by and humbles me. I try to remind myself to appreciate and enjoy every minute. (And if we are in a minute that is not so enjoyable I try to remind myself that it will be over at some point!)


Sophia – She has changed so much since my last posting. No Colic! What we thought was colic actually turned out to be “silent” reflux. She is now on Zantac and we are taking different measures when feeding her. A whole new sweet baby has emerged. I am so grateful that we were able to help relieve her discomfort and pain. It is so hard to not be able to comfort your baby.

Sophia loves the mornings. She wakes up with smiles and lots of coos. She is very close to being on a schedule and frequently will sleep through the night now. (I cannot express my gratitude for the 5 hours of sleep!) She still loves her baths and we are confident she is going to be a pool baby. She loves listening to her mommy and daddy and will tell you all kinds of stories. One of her favorite places to hang out is in her crib watching her mobile. We have named the animals on it (Natalie, Amelia, Monroe and Zulu). Her favorite toys have lights.


Major milestone accomplishments: Holding her head up about 90% of the time now, sleeping through the night, story-telling, reaching for objects, the Bumbo and sucking on her hand.


(Sometimes no matter how many toys you try, it just isn't going to work!)

Mommy – I am trying to focus on quality time with Sophia and helping to expose her to new experiences. I can see how anxious she is to learn. The past month I have spent a lot of time with sounds and textures. I like to sing to her, but have realized that I know very few kids songs. I have ordered a CD and DVD so that we can learn together. Until then we are working on the ABCs, I am a Child of God and Lady Gaga because I know the words to those songs!

I love having the opportunity to stay home with Sophia and am grateful for the time. There are moments of insanity that surprise me and I frequently realize I have been without adult interaction for more than 24 hours. Fortunately I have a lot of friends that have been very supportive.



(Mommy still doesn't like pictures of herself, so here is a really cute one of the other kids!)

Daddy – Jeremy is working hard. This is a busy time of the year for him. But even though he is busy he makes sure to take a break to hold his daughter. He is a great father and has been a wonderful husband. Frequently observing that his wife needs a break and offering to take a feeding or babysit.




2 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update! you are such great parents! i am so happy for you both. she is beautiful and i look forward to watching her as she grows! muah

 
At February 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! It sounds like things are going very well, which is good to read! We need to have a play date soon! Maybe a swim date this summer???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home