Thursday, April 1, 2010

So much love!


Sophia - Our little girl is getting to be a big girl! She had her 4 month check-up appointment today. She is in the 95th percentile for height (25 ¾ in.) and right at the 50th for weight (13 lbs 14 oz). Sophia has made so much progress in the past couple of weeks. She is successfully grabbing objects and pulling them to her mouth. Loves to tell us stories and smile.



She has also started recognizing the bottle and gets excited when she wants it. She has not rolled over yet, but is rolling onto her side. Sleeping has improved so much. She regularly sleeps 6-7 hours a night now. We still use the “power” swaddle and sleep positioner. (I know some of you reading may disapprove, but her doctor says that as long as she lets us that it is fine.) I guess most babies at 4 months won’t tolerate being swaddled, but she sleeps so much better with it.


Sophia still loves her baths and we have started making them a part of her evening routine. She is still having a fussy time between about 4pm-8pm, but it is so much better now.




Dad – I think that being a Daddy suites Jeremy perfectly. He loves talking to his little girl and being involved. Last night Jeremy strapped her into the Bjorn forward facing and we went for a walk with the dogs and she loved it. It had a very calming effect on her. Jeremy has watched her on a couple of evenings now fairly successfully. And since then has been very good about making a point to offer help on the long nights.




Mom – I love being a mom. It really has come much more naturally than I ever expected. I never felt very maternal before she was born, but Sophia has been such an inspiration to my life. I have motivation to do things that I never had before because I know her well-being is affected. I will also be returning to work this Monday. This has been a very difficult decision. I was not planning to start looking for work until she was at least 6 months old. However, an opportunity actually came to me that would be beneficial to our family and my supervisor is very understanding of my situation as a new mother. This really surprised me. After much consideration I felt that I should take advantage of this opportunity because in this economic environment it is entirely possible that in 2 months I would not be able to find as opportunity like this one. After much consideration and evaluation we have decided on a private daycare by our house called Explorers in Learning. I really hope that it works out well.

Finally I would like to give many thanks to all the wonderful people in Sophia’s life. She is so lucky to be loved by so many!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home